American TrueCare, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use the TrueCare Application (the “App”) as a free App.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App, including push notifications received for check-in through external Bluetooth proximity beacons.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through the App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, geographic subdivision, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, dates (birth dates, etc.), full-face photographs or images, healthcare record numbers, account numbers, device identifiers, certificate or license numbers, insurance card images, device OS details and device name, biometric identifiers, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. (“Personal Information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
- Records and copies of messages sent through the App.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, vitals, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App and our devices.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Payment processing companies.
- Location technologies provider.
- Cloud Platform providers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Make our services and applications better.
- Continuity of care with your primary care physician
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at the email provided in this policy. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information related to demographics by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a raccessequest to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may send us an email at email@example.com for additional information.
Privacy Notice to California Residents under CCPA:
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California residents are granted consumer rights that we are prepared to uphold upon request:
- The right to know which personal information is being collected.
- The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom.
- The right to object to the sale of personal data.
- The right to access one’s own personal information.
- The right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights Under CCPA:
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
osales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
odisclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices:
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule allows clients the right to receive a notice that describes how individual health information may be used and/or disclosed and how to acquire access to this information. TrueCare software is fully committed to the spirit and letter of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), including but not limited to the Privacy Rule that was issued pursuant to HIPAA. A major provision of the Privacy Rule is to safeguard sensitive, personal Health information (PHI), and includes individually identifiable health care and demographic data.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives residents of the state of California the right to prevent businesses from selling their personal information. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information collected by our site to third parties in the ordinary course of business. However, certain third-party providers who perform support activities may have limited access in order to fulfill any transaction associated with user activities within the App.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our information handling practices, or any other aspects of your privacy, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or, you may call via our phone number: (800) 638-13